This historic landmark of Kansas, Illinois was built in 1881 by the William Juntgen family as a single family residence. In 1949, Kansas funeral director Hayes Hutchins saw the expanse and warmth of the home as an ideal location for a funeral facility and moved his business there. The property itself occupies over one and a half acres and is still bordered on the north and east by the original wrought iron fencing. No detail has been overlooked in the home’s restoration through the years, and its interior is designed to provide a comfortable atmosphere in surroundings of traditional Victorian elegance. An unusual feature for a home of its generation and design is its relative ease of access, with only two steps at the main entrance, and handicap accessibility in the rear. A family lounge, one-level facilities, and a large seating capacity without sacrifice of the original structure are also rare luxuries for a facility of its vintage. We hope that the efforts we have made in the care of this Victorian classic are indicative of the pride we take in providing service to the families of Kansas and the surrounding areas.
Templeton Funeral Home, 137 Buena Vista St, Kansas, IL 61933